"Here's To RESOLUTENESSES" 2007
One supposes, as one grows along life's pathway, to be resolute one night a year can be somewhat fun and exciting. Of course we all know that most resolutions, like many rules, are made, then broken not too far off in the distant future, although, akin to a bad present, it is "the thought that counts", or so the euphemism goes.
One year ago I determined a list of ten reslutions to be had for 2006:
- Quit my job tomorrow and take life easy.
- Write more...maybe a new novel - fiction this time?
- More canoe trips. Get more active in Scouting.
- More camping excursions and research expeditions.
- Develop better and deeper computer skills (Linux).
- Snorkle in the southern islands.
- Read 18th C. novels and continue English studies.
- Volunteer at the Imperial Theatre.
- Rejoin Toastmasters International again.
- Selective TV viewing only and no commercial radio.
The entire 2006 New Year's Blog is posted here
Do you have a resolution to be made?
The Top Ten NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS for this year are:
- Spend More Time with Family & Friends
- Fit in Fitness
- Tame the Bulge
- Quit Smoking
- Enjoy Life More
- Quit Drinking
- Get Out of Debt
- Learn Something New
- Help Others
- Get Organized
- Much of our time is spent with familiy and friends.
- We go to the gym 3 days per week and take the dog for 2 walks each day.
- We have cut out junk food, boxed food, and mainly eat fruit, fish and vegetables.
- Quit almost 10 years ago.
- Quit job one year ago and am REALLY enjoying life MORE, REALLY haha.
- Quit 9 years ago.
- Did that before I quit working with my "FIVE YEAR PLAN".
- Working on an English degree.
- Volunteer with several entities within Lambton County.
- Well, this one definitely needs work and herein lies my 2007 Resolution: PLANNING.
- A left-over from 2006 for 2007 is to write fiction: short stories.